|By Linux News Desk||
|October 19, 2009 11:00 AM EDT||
LynuxWorks has announced the availability of its board support package (BSP) for two additional motherboards from Applied Micro Circuits Corp. (AMCC), a global leader in embedded processing solutions.
The BSP is a part of LynxOS-178 2.2.2, the latest release of the RTOS (real-time operating system) from LynuxWorks. The new BSP brings this safety-critical, certifiable Level A RTOS to the AppliedMicro 440EP and 460EX boards, increasing the number of AppliedMicro boards supported by LynuxWorks' LynxOS-178. LynxOS-178 is the first and only COTS operating system to receive Reusable Software Component (RSC) acceptance from the FAA for DO-178B certification. RSC certification acknowledges a speedier, smoother, and more reliable development path for system integrators.
"With this latest BSP, we're offering customers an OS migration path for users of the 440EP while also giving users of the next-generation 460EX an option for a safety-critical OS," said Robert Day, vice president at LynuxWorks. "Customers that use AppliedMicro boards and our RTOS should feel confident and secure that they are getting the top-notch support for their hardware and software combinations for all of their safety-critical applications."
Based on the Power Architecture, a RISC-based microprocessor developed by pioneers Apple, IBM and Motorola in 1991, the AppliedMicro 440EP and 460EX processor solutions are premium choices in embedded and high-performance computing. The units also feature low power consumption, expandability, power and performance for which AppliedMicro is known.
"We know that customers value our quality and understanding their needs, which is why we're glad that LynuxWorks is expanding their support of our current and next-generation PowerPC-based boards," said Chris Bergen, Director Systems Engineering of AppliedMicro. "The 460EX's FPU in particular can deliver performance for calculation-intensive DO-178B-compliant applications in safety-critical environments. With an RSC-certified RTOS such as LynxOS-178 running on our hardware, we can offer our customers new opportunities for application development without the need for recertification at the end of the process."
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter
- Oracle News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- PR News on Ulitzer Launched for Public Relations Executives
- Adobe FrameMaker 7.2 Now Available
- Customers Deliver Innovative Experiences with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004
- 22nd Annual ROTH OC Growth Stock Conference Presenter Profiles
- TIBCO to Merge SOA and Cloud Computing
- PBDJ Product Review: AllFusion Harvest Change Manager
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- IBM And Dassault Aerospace Compliance Solution Takes Off