|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2009 07:24 PM EST||
PARIS, Dec. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- MidemNet Lab, the showcase for cutting-edge digital initiatives, today unveils the 15 start-ups chosen to take part in the inaugural edition. This line-up, which covers every aspect of the music sector and brings together some of the most promising digital innovations of the moment, forms a palette of services responding to the music industry's changing needs. The 15 companies will showcase their activities in the area of the market dedicated to the MidemNet Lab for the duration of MIDEM, from 23 to 27 January in Cannes.
"The first edition of MidemNet Lab is extremely encouraging. Thanks to a selection process designed by MIDEM, involving a call for entries and selection by a jury of entrepreneurs, we have succeeded in unearthing some very innovative projects from all around the world. It is extremely exciting to put these 15 companies in contact with the wider music industry," said Dominique Leguern, director of MIDEM.
The 15 start-ups chosen to participate in the MidemNet Lab by Music Ally and the entrepreneurs' jury, operate across a wide range of digital fields that offer opportunities for the industry, such as live applications (Awdio, Songkick, Streamjam), digital licensing of sheet music and lyrics (DigiClef, TuneWiki), artist management (BandCentral), managing key data for artists (Band Metrics), digital distribution (Pops Worldwide), web radio (Radionomy), remixing (Aviary, GoMix and Tracksandfields), musical discovery (Thesixtyone), artistic financing (Kickstarter) and on-line advertising (Silence Media).
A complete presentation of the 15 start-ups in MidemNet Lab is attached:
New this year:
- MidemNet for free! - Access to the cutting-edge digital business conference included in MIDEM registration.
- MidemNet Lab - Discover the latest digital innovations through the selection of 15 promising start-ups, chosen by a jury of successful entrepreneurs.
- MIDEM+ - Innovative networking solutions and one-on-one expert guidance to boost business efficiency.
- Redesigned exhibition zone - Networking, knowledge and open meeting places right at the heart of the market.
- The Fringe - A friendly and efficient manner to showcase artists to the world.
Discover all the latest news on our website www.midem.com.
Note to the editors:
ABOUT REED MIDEM
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is a leading organiser of professional, international tradeshows. Reed MIDEM events have established themselves as key dates in professional diaries. The company hosts MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia, MIPIM HORIZONS and MAPIC for the property and retail real estate sectors.
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events organiser, with over 470 events in 37 countries. In 2008 Reed brought together over seven million industry professionals from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 38 fully staffed offices.
Reed organises a wide range of events, including exhibitions, conferences, congresses and meetings. Its portfolio of over 470 events serves 44 industry sectors, including: Aerospace & aviation, automobiles, broadcasting, building & construction, electronics, energy, oil & gas, engineering, manufacturing, environment, food service & hospitality, gifts, healthcare, interior design, IT & telecoms, jewellery, life science & pharmaceuticals, machinery, medical education, printing & graphics, property & real estate, security & safety, sports & recreation, travel.
For further information about Reed MIDEM visit www.reedmidem.com.
SOURCE MIDEM 2010
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter
- Oracle News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- PR News on Ulitzer Launched for Public Relations Executives
- Adobe FrameMaker 7.2 Now Available
- Customers Deliver Innovative Experiences with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004
- 22nd Annual ROTH OC Growth Stock Conference Presenter Profiles
- TIBCO to Merge SOA and Cloud Computing
- PBDJ Product Review: AllFusion Harvest Change Manager
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- IBM And Dassault Aerospace Compliance Solution Takes Off