|By Open Source News||
|February 2, 2010 07:10 AM EST||
ActiveState, the dynamic languages experts, today launched ActiveState Business Edition, commercial-grade language distributions for Perl, Python and Tcl, providing organizations open source compliance, commercial support, and cross-platform access.
"ActiveState has been a leading contributor in the open source community for years," said Bart Copeland, President and CEO, ActiveState. "With the launch of Business Edition, we can help companies deploying Perl, Python and Tcl in their business-critical applications, ensure open source policy compliance, minimize downtime and accelerate productivity cost-effectively. ActiveState's deep technical expertise is focused on keeping client systems, powered by dynamic languages, running smoothly, and making sure clients are in compliance with their open source policies."
ActiveState Business Edition integrates commercial Perl, Python and Tcl support with access to platform builds and repositories for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX, as well as to older versions across all platforms. ActiveState Business Edition is ideal for finance, aerospace & defense, and government organizations that have deployments of Perl, Python or Tcl in business-critical applications.
"As mainstream use of the open source dynamic languages continues to grow in social media applications, business-critical applications and cloud computing, the availability of SLA support and clean commercial licensing becomes more and more important," said Greg Olson, senior partner at Olliance Group. "ActiveState's new Business Edition now delivers its proven commercial-grade solutions for enterprises in a package that meets the needs of small to medium businesses as well."
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter
- Oracle News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- PR News on Ulitzer Launched for Public Relations Executives
- Adobe FrameMaker 7.2 Now Available
- Customers Deliver Innovative Experiences with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- 22nd Annual ROTH OC Growth Stock Conference Presenter Profiles
- TIBCO to Merge SOA and Cloud Computing
- PBDJ Product Review: AllFusion Harvest Change Manager
- IBM And Dassault Aerospace Compliance Solution Takes Off